Old 29-03-2003, 12:32 PM
tom hooper

Default Cheap and easy labels

Copper is used in antifouling paint for the bottom of boats & ships because it
is toxic to aquatic plant and animal life.

Glenna Rose wrote:

writes:
I think copper would be best for that, thick enough to be solid, while
thin enough to be able to emboss it with a dull nail or something...

After I had purchased several lovely copper plant marker "stands" to put
in the garden at row heads, my middle son said to me, "Mom, doesn't copper
kill plants? They use copper nails to spike trees to kill them."

Though I did no research to find out, I didn't use those lovely copper
stakes. Does anyone know if copper used this way is damaging to the
plants?

Glenna