Old 20-05-2007, 08:17 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko Srgnt Billko is offline

Default Help - Replacement Craftsman mower deck

"Carley Simon" wrote in message
news5%3i.28503$g63.15908@edtnps82...
Hi:

Hoping that someone can offer a suggestion on this: I have an old (25
years?) Craftsman lawn mower - not sure the model but I think I can find
out. The mower runs like a top, but the deck is on it's last legs - ie:
rusting. Is there such a thing as new replacement decks available or does
it just not make sense because it would be cheaper to buy a new mower?
I'd pick up a used deck if I could find one, but I suspect that any used
decks of the vintage I'm looking for are in similar shape to the one I
have already. Thanks for any suggestions.

I haven't seen any decks for 25 yo Craftsman mowers for sale in here
recently - but then I wouldn't expect to. The last time I priced a
replacement deck for a Wheelhorse it was over $600 and that was 10 years
ago. So new mower is the economy way to go. "Craftsman" is a Sears brand -
why don't you ask them ? I doubt if they still list parts for a 25 yo
machine though.