Old 20-05-2007, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steve[_15_] Steve[_15_] is offline

Default Can anyone recommend someone to remove ivy from my back wall

"Tristán White" wrote in message
. 109.145...

Thanks for the tip!!

I'll do just that. Then either pull it off myself, or look for someone to
remove it professionally (I'm mostly worried about the rooftiles and
dislodging them when I pull, and the pointing between the chimney stack).

A flat opposite mine had the same problem. (2nd floor)

Chopping the roots worked, although the ivy died off over a few weeks it
took several months it started to fall away from the wall.

18 months later the original ivy plant is starting to climb again but is
only 4-5 ft from the ground.