Old 20-05-2007, 09:31 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Salt Levels

On Sun, 20 May 2007 11:31:47 CST, Hal wrote:

There are lots more, but here are a couple opinions.
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/scripts/htm...DOCUMENT_VM007
http://www.koiclubsandiego.org/library/salinity.php
Note the San Diego tap water reads 0 to 5 ppt and that is what Norm
Meck called acceptable range.

Salt tests on plants:
http://tinyurl.com/2c8gwm
As a medication:
http://tinyurl.com/jg6hp

Hal, these are great websites to have in a collection together (why I've
cut and snipped here. ;-)

I did find the salt tests on plants interesting, not just because of the
info, as I had seen this when it first came out, but Dr. Johnson's little
note at the bottom regarding water hyacinth & lettuce.

Soon after Bonnie came out with this report, explaining how she did it,
etc. I found personal discrepancy with WL & WH. I hadn't found my WH & WL
showing any affects at the rates she showed them dying. I e-mailed her
regarding the high nutrient need of these plants and if that (death by
starvation) couldn't have affected her results? I never got an answer. :-(
~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us