Old 21-05-2007, 12:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
KW KW is offline

Default The Japanese Beetles did not come this year!

wrote in message
ups.com...
We live in North of Atlanta. The Japanese Beetles had attacked our
gardens every year between the end of April and the beginning of May .
But it's strange. The JB did not come this year! Any one has any idea?
Does this similar to the dieing of bees in the US by the cell phone
frequencies?

I don't know if it is the reason or not, but I'm betting that it has
something to do with the drought in our area. I live in the mountains north
of Atlanta and in the past when we have had years as dry as this has been,
I've notice the hatch delayed as late as July (when we finally started
seeing frequent ground-soaking rains). Might be Mother Nature telling them
that there is not much green stuff to eat right now.

KW