Old 21-05-2007, 01:58 PM posted to rec.gardens
lerameur lerameur is offline

Default apple tree with no buds

On May 21, 8:00 am, Charles wrote:
On 19 May 2007 15:50:56 -0700, lerameur wrote:

Hello,

I have a 12 year old apple tree. It is well pruned, but year after
year I get no fruit buds. (well 5 to 10)
Should I be adding some kind of fertilizer. Any idea to make my apple
tree produces buds ??
thanks

ken

Where are you? Does the tree get the necessary hours of chilling in
the winter?

I am live in montreal (well close to it anyway). There are many
orchads nearby so growing apple trees is not a problem. I do have
another apple tree about 4 years old and it has many flowers on it.