Old 21-05-2007, 03:01 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default Salt Levels

junk science, like a lot of the information on that site.

A big variable is also the concentration of "salts" of all kinds in
the local water. some people will never need to add salt because
their own water is already high. people also forget that those with
softened water have very high sodium already and adding more sodium
chloride could be quite harmful.

in terms of the study, there is also effect of pH, temp, etc. Ingrid

On Sun, 20 May 2007 14:31:34 CST, ~ jan wrote:
Soon after Bonnie came out with this report, explaining how she did it,
etc. I found personal discrepancy with WL & WH. I hadn't found my WH & WL
showing any affects at the rates she showed them dying. I e-mailed her
regarding the high nutrient need of these plants and if that (death by
starvation) couldn't have affected her results? I never got an answer. :-(