Old 22-05-2007, 12:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default What's this weed?

On 21/5/07 20:22, in article , "Russel
Sprout" wrote:

do! Real name Galium aparine.

According to my mum the seeds make a nice drink. It was a coffee
substitute during hard times!

Steve

Apparently so. But equally, it's supposed to be quite an effective
laxative, which might be why dogs eat it. Your takes your chances...!
Looking on another site, I see the some people swear it prevents laminitis
in horses.

Good to eat. Boil seeds 10 mins (when green) add butter, salt, pepper,
vinegar to taste. Have never noticed any laxative effect. Sorry got to go...

;-))

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk