Old 22-05-2007, 08:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
judith[_2_] judith[_2_] is offline

Default Drip irrigation watering time

On 21 May 2007 14:27:23 -0700, mjbarnard
wrote:

I have installed a Gardena micro-drip irrigation system as well as
below ground drip irrigation line for lawn, borders and pots.

My question relates to watering rates for pots. The system for pots
has drip heads which deliver 4 litres per hour, although I tested a
couple and they seem to go up to 6 litres per hour.

I have ten inch pots with one tomato plant in each - I have mine on
for two hours a day - seems about right - there is always a small
amount of excess water which has drained through at the end of the
watering period.