Old 22-05-2007, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Jackdaw chicks

Mercifully, unlike Judith, I can do nothing about my birdie predicament. I
have jackdaws nesting on top of the chimney of my study fireplace. The
noises are raucous, to put it mildly but they're beginning to worry both
grandchild and dogs. Sometimes it's just a general susurration but
occasionally a real "the pub's just turned out" fight appears to be going
on. The grandchild is convinced they're all going to come crashing down the
chimney and into this room and now has me worried, too and the dogs look as
if they hope they will! How many broods do jackdaws have and how long do
they take to rear and be gone on their merry way?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk