Old 22-05-2007, 11:17 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Phyllis and Jim Phyllis and Jim is offline

Default Finally stocked our 1 acre pond

This results in the whole pond being full of stunted fish. It
sounds strange, but a bass or northern pike put or five put in with
them will make for larger and healthier bream / brim. Admittedly
it'll mean there'll be less of them, but they'll be more of a size
you'll want to eat.

Absolutely! We put 100 bass in with 400 brim/bream. We did not add
catfish, but lots of folk down here do. They help limit the
population as well. Down here a key is to get big enough bass
andenough of them so that we don't get a lot of brim that are medium
sized,but too big for the bass. A rule down here is 'Never throw a
brim back in the pond.'

Jim