Old 22-05-2007, 11:17 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Steven Briggs[_2_] Steven Briggs[_2_] is offline

Default Pond Pland Fertiliser

In message , Reel McKoi
writes

"~ jan" wrote in message
.. .
What a lot of ponders/gardeners miss, is that one can add all the
iron, but
if the pH is too high for that plant to take it up, it won't help.

snips
I'm pretty sure this is my problem. The PH goes from 7.8 to 8.2. I
leave it as is as I don't want to get into the PH yo-yo syndrome. The
fish have adapted to the high PH but the plants aren't always too happy.

I think I have a similar issue really, pH 8.0 - 8.5, but stable and the
fish are happy, so I leave it be these days.
--
steve