Old 23-05-2007, 01:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rhiannon S Rhiannon S is offline

Default Suggestions for a ten foot tall tree please

"Ed" wrote in message
oups.com...
We need a thin, not too tall tree to replace the privacy that has gone
from one corner of our garden after a neighbour butchered a mature
tree.

We'd like something that provides a bit of colour, either flowering or
leaf wise, and wont grow too tall or spread too wide.

Any suggestions please?

I'd go for an ornamental cherry of some sort, loads of beautiful flowers
each spring. Most can be pruned to any height you need and some varieties
stop around the ten foot mark. Or a crab apple, that way you'd get flowers
in spring and fruits a little later on.
--
Rhiannon_s
Due to it's large carbon footprint the light at the end of the tunnel has