Old 24-05-2007, 11:26 AM
old perennial old perennial is offline
Registered User

I think that a wisteria would be too rampant a climber to grow as a standard. Nurserys train wisterias for sale with about a 4ft single stem and pruned hard back for transport etc. Once planted the thing will burst with long thin runners that will later spring leaves. Its supposed to be planeted against a house wall to cover a pegola or other structure. It can grow to 40ft or more. Wisterias can be hit and miss some years regarding flowering too. I think you could do better for your stone circle than a wisteria,