Old 24-05-2007, 04:40 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Jme Jme is offline

Default Grass is seeding and watering question

My grass (~18 moth old sod) was a bit of a mess this Spring, so I had
it dethached and had a few days after that weed and feed put down.
That was about 5-6 days ago. The grass is much improved, and I see
that there is a lot of grass with he seeds at the top now. Should I
cut the grass in 3 days, or should I wait until most of those seeds
look to be gone?

Also, I keep getting different recommendations for watering. Should I
give a good watering every day, or water an inch a week? I want the
grass to look very full and green, and I understand about root growth
(less water for better roots), but my main concern is the full green
look.

I live in the Midwest, Southeastern Wisconsin, and underneath my sod
is a very poor quality dirt, mostly clay.

Thanks in advance for your advice.