Old 24-05-2007, 09:00 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill Rose Bill Rose is offline

Default Seeking "Mountain Fresh" Tomato Plants

In article ,
"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:

wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 24, 11:54 am, Bill Rose wrote:
In article ,

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote:
I grew "MountainFresh" last year and my family said they were the
best tomatoes they've ever had. I'd really like to get some for this
year but I don't know where to look.

http://growers.harrisseeds.com/cart/...asp?subcat=344

- Bill

Thanks for the replies but those companies are selling seeds. In my
area, it's far too late to start anything from seed, so I need to find
someplace where I can order plants. If anyone has leads or ideas,
please let me know.

Where are you located?

Wisconsin get frost in Aug.? These are supposed to be 65 day tomatoes.
I'd say you have a good chance. Break out the cold frame.

You want plants? They were developed at Penn State. Maybe they can tell
you who is growing, shipping, buying the seed. Email Harris Seed and
find out who their supplier is. Maybe the seed supplier can suggest a
nursery supplier who grows the plants. You want the plants? Roll up your
shirt sleeves and get to work.

- Bill