Old 24-05-2007, 11:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Space[_2_] Space[_2_] is offline

Default Aloe problems

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Terry" wrote ...
Bought an aloe plant in Canaries a couple of years ago, it has grown to
about 1 ft talland until this spring was growing very well. I always over
winter in conservatory and with the warm weather thought it time I put it
outside, now instead of a healthy green colour a lot of the leaves are
turning a dirty brown colour, there are some smaller leaves that are
green but am worried that these will also turn colour.
Anyone any idea what could be happening, it would be a shame to lose it
after it appeared to be thriving.
Thanks for any help.

Are you sure it's not now the correct colour!

I have an indoors aloe - the older leaves (?) die off, I peel them away and
am left with the new green leaves.

it is trial and error with watering. Personally I wouldn't plant outdoors
(living in the north west would be too chilly) but we saw some planted
outdoors in Regents Park and they looked wonderful.