Old 24-05-2007, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Aloe problems

Bob Hobden writes

"Terry" wrote ...
Bought an aloe plant in Canaries a couple of years ago, it has grown to
about 1 ft talland until this spring was growing very well. I always over
winter in conservatory and with the warm weather thought it time I put it
outside, now instead of a healthy green colour a lot of the leaves are
turning a dirty brown colour, there are some smaller leaves that are green
but am worried that these will also turn colour.
Anyone any idea what could be happening, it would be a shame to lose it
after it appeared to be thriving.
Thanks for any help.

Are you sure it's not now the correct colour!

If it's been dry and it's standing in full sun, it may develop a red
pigment as sunscreen, which would turn the leaves brown. Is the change
of colour all that's wrong with it, or are there other symptoms, eg
leaves becoming soft or wrinkled?
--
Kay