Old 25-05-2007, 01:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default How do I kill these *******s?

On May 24, 9:36 pm, Darren Garrison wrote:
http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/temp/buggy.jpg

The scale insects, I mean, not the Euonymus. I already know how to kill the
Euonymus-- leave the scale insects alone. I had one of these plants once, it
grew from a small potted plant to maybe 10 feet before the same (apparently)
type of scale insects took over and killed it. So the smaller plants I put in a
couple of years ago don't seem to stand a chance, unless I initiate insect
genocide.

I used a systemic on my potted gardenia to get rid of scale.
Insecticides and mitacides had no effect. Dosed the plant outdooors,
where I keep it in warm months, and scale never came back.
Frank