Old 25-05-2007, 10:33 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Abe Abe is offline

Default How long for Roundup to Kill

I'm renovating a 1,000 sf portion of my lawn. I sprayed it with roundup 5
days ago and again yesterday. Both times I used a slightly stronger mix
than recommended. Why a strong mix? I'm trying to kill Bermuda grass before
sodding with zoysia. Bermuda is very persistent and I want to make sure and
kill it. Why two applications? Again, I'm trying to kill Bermuda. Also, a
second application makes it much more likely that everything in the area got
a good squirt of roundup.

Anyway, how long do I need to wait to till the area? Recently, the weather
here (Atlanta) has been warm and very dry. I know the Bermuda is out of
winter dormancy, but it may be drought stressed. Would this impact the "wait
before tilling" time?

Up to a week to show effects.