Old 25-05-2007, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_1_] Rod[_1_] is offline

Default Wellington Boots for the garden

You need to be looking in agri/construction industrial suppliers
rather than garden places, no need to pay Hunter prices. Most of the
work boots I've had have been from the Dickies range. The current
wellies are Branded Dickies Super safety - Ultra Safe. Reinforced
toecaps and mid-sole though not steel. Having said that I tend to do
most of my digging in ordinary workboots with reinforced mid sole and
toe, they've usually been Dickies but the current excellent pair are
branded DeWalt, all numbers and markings are worn off because they've
had a couple of hard years of all day everyday use, including digging
14 new deep beds in heavy soil - each roughly 50ft x 4 ft - the instep
of the digging foot is breaking down now though.
--
Rod

My real address is rodthegardeneratmyisp

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
Everywhere I look I come across the same Wellington Boots ( Town &
Country etc) sold at Garden Centres, marketed at gardeners, that are
useless for digging as they haven't got a steel mid-sole and digging
pad and will fail if they are used for digging. Some fail very
dramatically and painfully as I know!
However after talking to the chap on the Hunter stand at Chelsea it
appears they make a suitable boot...
http://www.wellie-boots.com/ukmofcar...y-knee-dp.html
anyone used them? Are they any good?
Anyone found a real gardening Wellington boot of another make?

--
Regards
Bob H