Old 29-03-2003, 03:32 PM
mad

Default W. H. survived winter

i think this would bode ill. if water hyacinth starts being hardier in
winter then it will be illegal in more states. the reason it isn't illegal
in the northern states is that the winter temperatures kill it.
just my opinion...
mad
--
You cannot make anyone love you but you can let yourself be loved.

From: jammer
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 20:20:34 -0600
Subject: W. H. survived winter

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 19:03:38 -0500 (EST),
(Beak 21) wrote:

Some of my water hyacinth survived the harsh winter with just a plastic
sheet over the pond. It got down to below 30 degrees also. they are
starting to send out new growth. Who else has this happening?

Well, i don't, but you give me hope on actually having some this
year. Did you sink them or just leave them floating? Did the water
freeze?

jammer