Old 25-05-2007, 02:37 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default How do I kill these *******s?

On Thu, 24 May 2007 20:36:09 -0500, Darren Garrison
wrote:

http://webpages.charter.net/garrison6328/temp/buggy.jpg

The scale insects, I mean, not the Euonymus. I already know how to kill the
Euonymus-- leave the scale insects alone. I had one of these plants once, it
grew from a small potted plant to maybe 10 feet before the same (apparently)
type of scale insects took over and killed it. So the smaller plants I put in a
couple of years ago don't seem to stand a chance, unless I initiate insect
genocide.

A systemic insecticide will eradicate the scale, very effective.
Before you buy read the label! For smaller infestations (such as
with house plants) you can scrape off the scale with your fingernail.