Old 25-05-2007, 03:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default Albino baby tick

On 5/25/07 10:42 AM, in article
, "nonnymoose"
wrote:

William Wagner wrote:
I've been living here in the woods for about 50 years. Two days ago I
felt I had a tick bite and asked my wife to take a look. She said it
looked like the beginning of a boil. Not what I wanted to hear. Anyway
today I scratched off what looked like a perfect pustule and felt
relived. However the shape was too perfect and under my lupe 8X I
noticed the ******* was waving at me.
Never saw a white tick before this what we call a deer tick due to
size. I called up our county health department and was told to give
Animal Control a call. Have to wait to Friday hours. I got him between
two pieces of clear scotch tape at the moment.

First call to the health department ever. I think it is weird.

Anyone see a white tick before?

Bill

Crab louse?

Missed the OP, but, I've seen some very light colored ticks in the past.
Might just be a color morph that is more common at the moment because the
ticks are breeding faster than rabbits.

Cheryl