Old 24-05-2007, 08:57 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Albino baby tick

I've been living here in the woods for about 50 years. Two days ago I
felt I had a tick bite and asked my wife to take a look. She said it
looked like the beginning of a boil. Not what I wanted to hear. Anyway
today I scratched off what looked like a perfect pustule and felt
relived. However the shape was too perfect and under my lupe 8X I
noticed the ******* was waving at me.
Never saw a white tick before this what we call a deer tick due to
size. I called up our county health department and was told to give
Animal Control a call. Have to wait to Friday hours. I got him between
two pieces of clear scotch tape at the moment.

First call to the health department ever. I think it is weird.

Anyone see a white tick before?

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade

Old 31-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Wagner View Post
I've been living here in the woods for about 50 years. Two days ago I
felt I had a tick bite and asked my wife to take a look. She said it
looked like the beginning of a boil. Not what I wanted to hear. Anyway
today I scratched off what looked like a perfect pustule and felt
relived. However the shape was too perfect and under my lupe 8X I
noticed the ******* was waving at me.
Never saw a white tick before this what we call a deer tick due to
size. I called up our county health department and was told to give
Animal Control a call. Have to wait to Friday hours. I got him between
two pieces of clear scotch tape at the moment.

First call to the health department ever. I think it is weird.

Anyone see a white tick before?

Bill

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade
Low Vision Aids and Bioptics for Visual Impairments High tech Vison aid
Only one time did I see what looked to be a white tick, more fragile looking with black feet. I have tried to identify this bug many, many times through the internet to no end. I can not find these things and I have never seen them again. All I can tell you for sure is that you cant drown them.

[IMG] code is On

Pix of Albino Hummer Anne Lurie North Carolina 2 17-08-2003 09:34 PM
albino bee! K30a Ponds 0 29-07-2003 08:12 PM
Safe size for Albino Cat in pond Paul L. Ponds 2 05-07-2003 12:32 PM
Albino Bristlenose Cats The Madd Hatter Ponds 0 11-06-2003 04:32 PM
More about tick ID: It's not really a deer tick Susan Fein Gardening 0 08-05-2003 04:08 PM