Old 25-05-2007, 04:20 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Hal[_1_] Hal[_1_] is offline

Default Hyacinths flowering at 5 1/2 weeks

On Thu, 24 May 2007 07:43:42 CST, Phyllis and Jim
wrote:

The hyacinth are starting to flower. Here is a pic.

http://groups.google.com/group/The-F...?part=2&view=1

That's neat. I had some flower early this year too, but then they
went yellow for some reason. I added fertilizer, but that didn't help
so I switched the water and put about 6" of dirt in the bottom of the
20 gallon pot . I fertilized and now they are growing well, but nice
color and I am waiting till they crowd the pot to overflow along the
sides and mound up in the center. It makes quite a sight. I'll try
to get a picture up this fall when they do what they are gonna do.

Regards,

Hal