Old 25-05-2007, 08:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert[_3_] Robert[_3_] is offline

Default Wellington Boots for the garden

In message , Bob Hobden
writes
Everywhere I look I come across the same Wellington Boots ( Town & Country
etc) sold at Garden Centres, marketed at gardeners, that are useless for
digging as they haven't got a steel mid-sole and digging pad and will fail
if they are used for digging. Some fail very dramatically and painfully as I
know!
However after talking to the chap on the Hunter stand at Chelsea it appears
they make a suitable boot...
http://www.wellie-boots.com/ukmofcar...y-knee-dp.html
anyone used them? Are they any good?
Anyone found a real gardening Wellington boot of another make?

I do my best to avoid digging but I can vouch for Hunter boots. I have
a pair of 3/4 Argyle farming boots which have three great advantages -
they really are comfortable when worn for extended periods, they cope
well with rough terrain and they are relatively easy to take off. I
bought them about 5 years ago and they are high on my list of 'best ever
buys' .
They are available at branches of Mole Valley and some tack shops.
--
Robert