Old 25-05-2007, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea99@googlemail.com is offline

Default Clematis Gillian Blades

On May 25, 8:21 am, "Charlie Pridham"
wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com... Charlie Pridham sent me some Clematis Gillian Blades which are now in
flower. They are beautiful, huge white spectacular flowers.

My question is, are there other clematis with flowers as outstanding
as Gillian Blades in a mauve/pink/lilac colour?

Judith

Lawsoniana is a lovely pale blue and the same group as Gillian Blades, while
Blue Angel is a hard prune variety with pale blue flowers. If you wanted
something darker then the president is still a good bet. Pink for me is a
bit more tricky, Asao is lovely but not for me a big grower.

Charlie, can you send me 3 Blue Angel, same arrangement as before.
I'm away for a week but I can access the groups and my private email
address which you already have.

Judith