Old 24-05-2007, 12:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Clematis Gillian Blades

Charlie Pridham sent me some Clematis Gillian Blades which are now in
flower. They are beautiful, huge white spectacular flowers.

My question is, are there other clematis with flowers as outstanding
as Gillian Blades in a mauve/pink/lilac colour?

Judith

Old 24-05-2007, 02:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 24, 1:51 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 24/5/07 12:37, in article
. com,

" wrote:
Charlie Pridham sent me some Clematis Gillian Blades which are now in
flower. They are beautiful, huge white spectacular flowers.

My question is, are there other clematis with flowers as outstanding
as Gillian Blades in a mauve/pink/lilac colour?

Judith

Polish Spirit. The flowers aren't as big but the colour is outstanding.
Look it up on Google or in one of your books. It's a major favourite of
ours and looks fantastic grown near some lime-y coloured foliage plant.

Thanks Sacha, I will Google that.

Judith

Old 25-05-2007, 08:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
oups.com...
Charlie Pridham sent me some Clematis Gillian Blades which are now in
flower. They are beautiful, huge white spectacular flowers.

My question is, are there other clematis with flowers as outstanding
as Gillian Blades in a mauve/pink/lilac colour?

Judith

Lawsoniana is a lovely pale blue and the same group as Gillian Blades, while
Blue Angel is a hard prune variety with pale blue flowers. If you wanted
something darker then the president is still a good bet. Pink for me is a
bit more tricky, Asao is lovely but not for me a big grower.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 25-05-2007, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 25, 8:21 am, "Charlie Pridham"
wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com... Charlie Pridham sent me some Clematis Gillian Blades which are now in
flower. They are beautiful, huge white spectacular flowers.

My question is, are there other clematis with flowers as outstanding
as Gillian Blades in a mauve/pink/lilac colour?

Judith

Lawsoniana is a lovely pale blue and the same group as Gillian Blades, while
Blue Angel is a hard prune variety with pale blue flowers. If you wanted
something darker then the president is still a good bet. Pink for me is a
bit more tricky, Asao is lovely but not for me a big grower.

Charlie, can you send me 3 Blue Angel, same arrangement as before.
I'm away for a week but I can access the groups and my private email
address which you already have.

Judith

Old 29-05-2007, 04:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com... Charlie Pridham sent me some Clematis Gillian Blades which are now in
flower. They are beautiful, huge white spectacular flowers.

My question is, are there other clematis with flowers as outstanding
as Gillian Blades in a mauve/pink/lilac colour?

Judith

Lawsoniana is a lovely pale blue and the same group as Gillian Blades, while
Blue Angel is a hard prune variety with pale blue flowers. If you wanted
something darker then the president is still a good bet. Pink for me is a
bit more tricky, Asao is lovely but not for me a big grower.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Lapageria rosea

Charlie, I got your email, thank you and I will be in touch when I am
back in England next week.

Judith