Old 25-05-2007, 10:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Aloe problems

"Terry" wrote
The aloe has not been caught by a cold spell but it could as K suggested
got a little dry, it was out in the hot weather we had a few weeks ago.
Seeing as how the plant is from the Canaries does it not get baked by the
hot sun out there.
There are fresh new green leaves coming up from the base underneath the
discoloured ones so all might not be lost.

It's a succulent and is designed to withstand dryness and sun, I still say
why do you think the leaves should be green? My Aloe vera plants are only
green when they are indoors or in shade in the greenhouse, put them in full
sun, as they should be, and they turn a light greeny/brown.
Lots of plants turn red in the sun as a protection, it's nothing to be
concerned about with a succulent.

--
Regards
Bob H