Old 26-05-2007, 05:08 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Dave Dave is offline

Default How long for Roundup to Kill

"Dave" wrote in message
news
"Kyle Boatright" wrote in message
I'm renovating a 1,000 sf portion of my lawn. I sprayed it with roundup
5 days ago and again yesterday. Both times I used a slightly stronger
mix than recommended. Why a strong mix? I'm trying to kill Bermuda grass
before sodding with zoysia. Bermuda is very persistent and I want to make
sure and kill it. Why two applications? Again, I'm trying to kill
Bermuda. Also, a second application makes it much more likely that
everything in the area got a good squirt of roundup.

Anyway, how long do I need to wait to till the area? Recently, the
weather here (Atlanta) has been warm and very dry. I know the Bermuda is
out of winter dormancy, but it may be drought stressed. Would this impact
the "wait before tilling" time?

Many thanks,

KB

What is Roundup (TM) designed to kill/eradicate exactly per the label on
the container?
Dave

Answer: the label is misleading...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roundup