Old 26-05-2007, 12:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
White Van Man White Van Man is offline

Default Broad Beans and Blackfly

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"White Van Man" writes:

| Has anyone got a natural Blackfly deterrent spray or mix they use to
reduce
| the little buggers?
|
| Broad Beans look like a war zone at the mo.

Horticultural liquid soap (e.g. Savona), available from Green Gardener,
Tuckers etc.

Diluted washing up liquid with a squirt of methylated spirit.

In both cases, you can spray the plants until they are soaked, and do
it several times a week with no major harm.

Blimey....quick response Nick..I'll try that many thanks...