Old 26-05-2007, 08:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default Need help identifying shrubs

Ken123 wrote:
From northeastern Texas....

Once upon a time they were carefully trimmed shrubs or hedges around this
house before I bought it. But the house sat empty with little attention for
a couple of years. Now they are trying to take over the yard, and I need to
research ways to get rid of most of them.

Can anyone tell me what kind of growth this is:

http://pages.suddenlink.net/ken/brush.jpg

Some have little buds, other don't. Otherwise they seem to be the same.

Looks like some sort of crepe myrtle of which there are probably 50
different varieties. Compare the leaves in this picture
http://oregonstate.edu/dept/ldplants/lain8.htm to yours and see what you
think.

--
John McGaw