Old 27-05-2007, 01:20 AM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Cypress tree question

--
Many tree problems are associated with the following:

Troubles in the Rhizosphere
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/RHIZO.html

Unhealthy Trees from the Nursery / Improper Planting
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub1.html and
Look up "Tree Planting"
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/RHIZO.html

Improper Mulching - http://home.ccil.org/~treeman/sub3.html and
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/M/index.html Look up "Mulch"

Improper Pruning
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/tree_pruning/

Improper Fertilization (See A Touch of Chemistry)
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/CHEM.html

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Arborist
http://home.ccil.org/~treeman
and www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.

"The Space Boss" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just had some cypress trees dry out and die on my property. I was
told it was a root fungus, but who knows, because two other arborists
told me something completely different.

But I got to thinking, these particular trees I once had to water by
hand since the sprinklers weren't working for a while. And when I was
watering them, it wasn't just at the base, I was also spraying water
up into the tree itself, into the bark, etc.

Could it be that this somehow washed away a protective coating or
something that caused them to die?