Old 27-05-2007, 09:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) is offline

Default Alternative for Clematis montana

"K" wrote in message
I'm considering getting rid of my Clematis montana and planting some other
clematis there instead. What would be an alternative? I need it to flower
the same time as montana (ie a bit later than the alpinas), to have small
flowers, to be a lot less vigorous, but still vigorous enough to grow
above the 'slug zone', and to be happy in a cold Yorkshire climate.
--
Kay

The best I can do is to suggest yet another C.montana that is a bit less
vigorous. Crug have a few options such as:-
http://www.mailorder.crug-farm.co.uk...aspx?pid=10554
Does it have to be a clematis or would something else flowering at the right
time make a suitable substitute?