Old 27-05-2007, 02:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Help to identify plants please

In message , FragileWarrior
writes
Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote in
:

[..]
http://jdmst.freewebspace.com/plant1.jpg

Some form of Myosotis (forget-me-not). I don't think it's the cultivated
form.

Yep! I agree! It was sort of hanging around the edges of my tired mind
but I couldn't quite place it.

http://jdmst.freewebspace.com/garden1.jpg

If I saw that in the UK I would identify it as Glechoma hederacea
(ground ivy)

It's Lamium amplexicaule here in the States but still a ground ivy.

Now that it's been mentioned I'd think that I'd agree with Lamium
amplexicaule. That's absent, or at best scarce, in my part of the UK, so
I don't immediately recognise it.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley