Old 27-05-2007, 07:13 PM posted to rec.gardens
Persephone Persephone is offline

Default Rust on roses

On 25 May 2007 21:09:32 -0700, mleblanca wrote:

On May 23, 4:47 pm, Persephone wrote:
Sigh. Seems like every year, when it starts to get toward summer,
I get serious rust on my roses. I pick off the affected leaves, but
is there anything I can use that will nip the problem in the bud g

Preferably as kind as possible to the environment.

TIA

Hi Perse
We don't get much rust up here,
but I had one rose that got it every spring.
It was Dainty Bess.......
Removing leaves helped, but eventually
I tossed her out; no time for spraying etc.
Get rust resistant roses.
Manelli Family is correct-- wettable sulfur,
but don't apply if temp is over 80 degrees.

Emilie
NorCal

Thanks to all who replied, esp. wettable sulfur.
I had honestly never heard of it, so am eager
to attack the annual rust with this new tool.

Onward!

Persephone