Old 27-05-2007, 06:51 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gareee© Gareee© is offline

Default Rubbermaid glue report: Forget Gorilla Glue

I'm thinking of trying the wax gaskets they actually use with the toilet
flanges... idea is to make the hole large enough to just accomodate the end
opening, and have the large part of the flage inside the rubbermaid... and
have one of the wax toiulet gaskets between the flange and the rubbermaid
wall.. with compression, the wax should seal the opening, it's VERY sticky,
so should grip the rubbermaid, and since there will always be water on them,
the temperatures should keep them cool. they are somewhat temperature
tolerant, I believe, and since they are wax, there shouldn;t be any
chemicals to leech out into the pond water.

Seems like a cheap and simple solution, after trying quite a number of
glue/gasket solutions.

If it works, I'll have discovered a neat cheap trick.. if not, I'm no worst
off.
--
Gareee
(Gary Tabar Jr.)