Old 29-05-2007, 08:12 PM posted to rec.gardens
gwtx2 gwtx2 is offline

Default The Japanese Beetles did not come this year!

wrote:
We live in North of Atlanta. The Japanese Beetles had attacked our
gardens every year between the end of April and the beginning of May .
But it's strange. The JB did not come this year! Any one has any idea?
Does this similar to the dieing of bees in the US by the cell phone
frequencies?

I, too have not seen a single JB this year. I saw my first about 5
years ago after which they rapidly multiplied. The last two summers
were horrible.

Last summer, I sprinkled milky spore on my lawn, but I know this
didn't get rid of all of the beetles in a few months,let alone my
neighbors.

I think the Easter freeze along with the southeastern drought has
decreased their number. It's amazing how nature takes care of itself
even if we humans do suffer for a little while (with freezes and
drought ).

I doubt the cellular theory applies to JB. They are not as migratory
as bees. JB's come out of the ground, find their food souce (usually
nearby), eat, have sex, eat, have more sex, lay eggs near the food
source, then they die.