Old 30-05-2007, 02:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
cloud dreamer[_3_] cloud dreamer[_3_] is offline

Default Cutting tomatoes

Steve Calvin wrote:
cloud dreamer wrote:
Aluckyguess wrote:
My tomatoes are like 8 ft tall should I cut them down or just let
them grow. I think I have a little to much Nitrogen in my soil this
year. I am starting to get tomatoes, so should I just let it be.

KA

taking moment to comprehend an eight foot tall tomato plant

If the tomatoes are coming in, you might want to suspend growth. You
want the energy to go into fruit production now, not more green
growth. Just pinch off all the those little suckers as they sprout on
the top end....if you can reach it...

Zone 5b in Canada's Far East, the land of short tomato plants.

Geeze, I thought mine were doing well. I have one lonely tomato that's
about golf ball sized already. But the plants are only about 18" or so.

I'd take the above advice and stunt any further plant growth.

Where the devil are ya?

5b - Poughkeepsie, NY here

You have a tomato already!! LOL. My tomato plants are like six inches
high...just transplanted. I guess I should recheck my zone...I'm in
5b...but the spring has felt like Zone 3.

Zone ?? in Canada's Far East.

--

We must change the way we live,
or the climate will do it for us.