Old 31-05-2007, 10:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle-C Uncle-C is offline

Default Tomato disease? REQ for advice

On 31 May, 09:50, C Coward wrote:
Hello all. I' trying to grow some veges in our small garden for the first
time this year. Mainly in pots. I've got three tomato plants that look
like they're infected with something. Pictures available atwww.rupespad.com/drf/tom1.jpgandwww.rupespad.com/drf/tom2.jpg

Anyone have any suggestions as to what it is, and the best way forward? It
has been appalingly wet over the last week or so, so I'm wondering if this
may be the problem, and whether they might recover if they get a decent
amount of sun.

The plants were planted in pots containing grow back compost, so
contamination from old soil shouldn't be a problem (though the supporting
canes were one's that were just lying around in the garden). The photos
were taken yesterday, this morning they plants are looking significantly
worse with more dropping of leaves and stems.

TIA

Chris

I've had exactly the same problem. I grow tomatoes every year and this
is the first time I've encountered this. At first I was thinking it
maybe the prolongued rain. I will investigate further.

Uncle