Old 31-05-2007, 07:22 PM posted to alt.religion.kibology,rec.gardens.edible
Bill Rose Bill Rose is offline

Default Hey Terri

In article ,
Glenn Knickerbocker wrote:

Adam Funk wrote:
BTW it is impossible to grow rosemary from seeds,

Yeah, and my sister's German friends actually believed a forest couldn't
grow without human intervention.

Seriously.

¬R

They had serious acid rain in Germany. Instead of voluntary industrial
reductions of SO2 emissions, reductions were mandated with fines. Guess
what? They got a 30% reduction. I the US same problem, voluntary goals
were set, no change. In the Black Forest, I talked to government
employees who were cleaning out government installed bird houses, to
encourage more nesting and progeny. Germans take care of their forests.

Germans love their forests. To enjoy them, there are thousands of
kilometers of "wanderwegs" hiking paths with benches, barbecues and huts
for shelter from the rain.

Germans were among the first to recycle clear glass, colored glass and,
metal. East Germany is going to be a real test for them though. Toxic
waste sites all over the place.

Because so many Germans migrated to this country (as cheap labor), most
of their customs will seem familiar. Dining, they prefer meat and
potatoes. Sound familiar?

- Bill
Coloribus gustibus non disputatum