Old 20-02-2003, 03:51 PM
Pam

Default I am SOOOO ready for SPRING!/Long

animaux wrote:

I never thought I'd like living where there is no snow, not much of a leave
change show, no lasting freezes...but I LOVE it now. Couldn't get me to move
one mile north of where I am unless it's to the PNW.

So when are ya coming? We are having a pretty great early spring right now - things
are popping out all over the place. My flowering currant is blooming, all the
hellebores are in full and amazing bloom along with the early bulbs like snowdrops,
fritillaries, crocus and iris reticulata. My 'Apple Blossom' clematis is just about
ready to unfurl its sweetly scented flowers and the camellias are just starting to
open. The nurseries are filling up fast with all the new stuff and of course I am
dragging plants home as fast as they appear on the tables :-)) It's a terrible
affliction! I'm off to the Northwest Flower and Garden show today for my annual
fix. Always a lot of great specialty vendors offering the newest and most exotic
stuff - I'll let you know what new treasures I find.

pam - gardengal