Old 31-05-2007, 10:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
louisxiv[_2_] louisxiv[_2_] is offline

Default Garden Canes Advice: Slightly OT?

"La Puce" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 31 May, 19:26, "louisxiv" wrote:

I'm about to embark on an arts project involving children in schools
making
large cage sculptures (yes I know... ;-))
I've sussed out that those thin green garden canes would be ideal. Here's
link to the B&Q website to the ones I
mean:http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/na...&fh_secondid=9...
They're 1.2 metres long and cost £2.48 for 15 in B&Q. This seems
expensive.
Can anyone recommend a wholesaler who might deliver me about 1000 of them
at
a cheaper rate (or even better an Edinburgh/Fife-based supplier)?

Looked around on the web and found a few, below are a couple which
could help. Found 500 sticks for 25 quids. Not bad. Good luck.

http://www.bs-bamboo.co.uk/prices.htm
http://www.ukbamboosupplies.com/

Interesting... Can't see those thin ones on there. The green ones around
3-4mm diameter. Am I missing them?