Old 01-06-2007, 12:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jupiter Jupiter is offline

Default Tomato disease? REQ for advice

On 1 Jun 2007 09:15:11 GMT, C Coward wrote:

C Coward writes:

A bit of a follow-up. I've noticed that when the leaves are damp (either
from rain or dew), the discolouration looks darker, almost black. When dry
it is light brown, with a slight sheen. Disturbingly some plants that have
been inside most of the time, but outside recently hardening them off,
also look like they have a similar light brown discolouration. Some of the
time these plants have been near the big, affected ones outside.

This must be ever so common this year. I've got about 30 outdoor
plants similarly affected. They seem to have acquired the problem
when in cold frames. I noticed small tomato plants for sale at my
local market today with the same signs. I'm going to try a fungicide
(Dithane 945). I don't think it's any kind of nutrient deficiency
causing it.