Old 02-06-2007, 12:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default strawberries

James wrote in
ups.com:

Strawberries are pretty easy things to grow yourself, and once you
get a bed established and going, you'll have plenty of them. :-)
(We've grown strawberries in IL and IN north of I-70 and south of
I-80 with plenty of success.)

Puckdropper

How did you deal with the slugs that tasted your ripe strawberries
just before you picked them? I'm picking mine as soon as there's red
and before any holes.

I haven't seen any slugs, but that's not to say they're not out there.

We do occasionally get some bad red berries, but they're minimal compared
to the number of good ones.

Puckdropper