Old 31-05-2007, 12:57 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default strawberries

yum..........nothing like fresh strawberries. my son and i went to the
local fruit farm and picked strawberries today..........I think he ate more
than he picked!

the strawberries made a great strawberry cream cheese poundcake too!

Old 31-05-2007, 02:57 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Rachael Simpson" wrote in
:

yum..........nothing like fresh strawberries. my son and i went to
the local fruit farm and picked strawberries today..........I think he
ate more than he picked!

the strawberries made a great strawberry cream cheese poundcake too!

I've got a strawberry shake right now... my mother and sister have
strawberries and whipped cream... Yum.

Strawberries are pretty easy things to grow yourself, and once you get a
bed established and going, you'll have plenty of them. :-) (We've grown
strawberries in IL and IN north of I-70 and south of I-80 with plenty of
success.)

Puckdropper

Old 02-06-2007, 08:26 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

On May 30, 9:57 pm, Puckdropper wrote:
"Rachael Simpson" wrote :

yum..........nothing like fresh strawberries. my son and i went to
the local fruit farm and picked strawberries today..........I think he
ate more than he picked!

the strawberries made a great strawberry cream cheese poundcake too!

I've got a strawberry shake right now... my mother and sister have
strawberries and whipped cream... Yum.

Strawberries are pretty easy things to grow yourself, and once you get a
bed established and going, you'll have plenty of them. :-) (We've grown
strawberries in IL and IN north of I-70 and south of I-80 with plenty of
success.)

Puckdropper

How did you deal with the slugs that tasted your ripe strawberries
just before you picked them? I'm picking mine as soon as there's red
and before any holes.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

James wrote in
ups.com:

Strawberries are pretty easy things to grow yourself, and once you
get a bed established and going, you'll have plenty of them. :-)
(We've grown strawberries in IL and IN north of I-70 and south of
I-80 with plenty of success.)

Puckdropper

How did you deal with the slugs that tasted your ripe strawberries
just before you picked them? I'm picking mine as soon as there's red
and before any holes.

I haven't seen any slugs, but that's not to say they're not out there.

We do occasionally get some bad red berries, but they're minimal compared
to the number of good ones.

Puckdropper

Old 02-06-2007, 03:14 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

"Puckdropper" wrote in message
reenews.net...
James wrote in
ups.com:

Strawberries are pretty easy things to grow yourself, and once you
get a bed established and going, you'll have plenty of them. :-)
(We've grown strawberries in IL and IN north of I-70 and south of
I-80 with plenty of success.)

Puckdropper

How did you deal with the slugs that tasted your ripe strawberries
just before you picked them? I'm picking mine as soon as there's red
and before any holes.

I haven't seen any slugs, but that's not to say they're not out there.

We do occasionally get some bad red berries, but they're minimal compared
to the number of good ones.

Puckdropper

Same here - don't have to deal with slugs much. After a lot of rain - my
mom had an invasion of slugs in her house. they put table salt everywhere
to get rid of the slugs - don't know how that would work in a garden
though.............sorry

Old 03-06-2007, 11:15 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Hi, we are in the UK and have a patch of Hapil strawberries. They were
"billed" as being big fruit and certainly live up to that reputation.

Exellent sized and flavoured fruit - so far!

Moving Strawberries Lilac Edible Gardening 1 03-06-2003 05:44 PM
strawberries? H United Kingdom 6 21-02-2003 08:33 PM
Question about strawberries! Claude Gardening 5 06-02-2003 12:48 PM
Indian Strawberries again JLee United Kingdom 3 21-11-2002 02:33 PM
Strawberries? Dwayne United Kingdom 0 16-10-2002 02:27 PM