Old 30-03-2003, 02:33 AM
Rhino

Default Sick Red eared Slider

About 2 weeks ago I got a young red eared slider from a Home & Garden show
vendor. The turtle shell is about 1 1/2 inches across and was active. We
obtained an instruction sheet that warned that the turtle may not eat for 1-2
weeks due to the new surroundings. He is in a 10gal aquarium with pond water
until the pond temp warms up. The insructions say let him swim in pedialyte or
powdered gatorade for a few minutes if he does'nt eat and if we were worried
about the turtle not eating. We rinse him off well afterwards.
We think we have followed the instructions but the turtle seems to stay out of
the water and his eye lids are swollen or he can't open them. He reacts to
touch and can swim.
HELP

See my pond
www.htcomp.net/rhino_4_good/index.htm

"Without the second ammendment, the others are just suggestions."