Old 30-03-2003, 02:33 AM
Rhino

Default Sick Red eared Slider

About 2 weeks ago I got a young red eared slider from a Home & Garden show
vendor. The turtle shell is about 1 1/2 inches across and was active. We
obtained an instruction sheet that warned that the turtle may not eat for 1-2
weeks due to the new surroundings. He is in a 10gal aquarium with pond water
until the pond temp warms up. The insructions say let him swim in pedialyte or
powdered gatorade for a few minutes if he does'nt eat and if we were worried
about the turtle not eating. We rinse him off well afterwards.
We think we have followed the instructions but the turtle seems to stay out of
the water and his eye lids are swollen or he can't open them. He reacts to
touch and can swim.
HELP

See my pond
www.htcomp.net/rhino_4_good/index.htm

"Without the second ammendment, the others are just suggestions."
Old 30-03-2003, 02:33 AM
K30a

Post on rec.herps,
call a vet, see if there is
a turtle rehabber in your area.

good luck
k30a
Old 08-04-2003, 07:56 PM
The David Clowder

Amen to heading to the vet.

I've had to force-feed a sick turtle but never heard of sticking them in an
electrolyte solution. I have to wonder if it irritated its eyes.

How is it doing?

Gabrielle

K30a wrote:
Post on rec.herps,
call a vet, see if there is
a turtle rehabber in your area.

good luck
k30a

Red eared slider in a Koi pond joe Ponds 8 01-10-2011 08:24 AM
RED EARED SLIDER TURTLE Mainpin Ponds 3 01-08-2004 04:29 AM
Red eared slider turtle Mainpin Ponds 9 16-01-2004 05:42 AM
OT? red eared slider johnrutz Ponds 5 30-07-2003 06:12 PM
RED EARED SLIDER Mainpin Ponds 4 07-06-2003 08:44 PM