Old 30-03-2003, 02:33 AM
Donald L Ferrt

Default And You though the Forest Service Was Short of funds!

Mike H wrote in message ...
Aozotorp wrote:

Aozotorp wrote:

Does the USFS ever force its forestry staff to do something like this?

They do what they are funded to do!

What the heck does that mean? If FS employees were told to do it and
had the budget, they'd do it. Checking for wreckage is in line with land
management. They probably looked forward to the job. Nobody ever thinks
they're going to crash though helicopters go down all the time.

Sounds like a time consuming process that distracts the Foresat Service from
their mission = have you check the funding for Thinning this year! NASA
Helicopters should be out there covering their own fiasco!

That may be so - however, FS personel are probably the only ones who
know that section of country. It's surprisingly difficult to even know
where you are, much less look for little bits of spacecraft, if you're
not completely familiar with the territory. I once spent two months
out of a six month fire season trying to get a contractor recon pilot to
recognize his daily route.

Well, I am glad the shuttle fell in the area by specified patterns